Reid Hospital Wayfinding & Digital Signage
Serving approximately 280,000 people (including eight Indiana and two Ohio Counties), Reid Health regional health system sought to integrate digital signage across all campuses.
- Reid’s initial implementation in 2007 of Omnivex digital signage began with two displays that were well received.
- As Reid Hospital moved to a brand new campus in 2008, additional licenses were purchased, and needs for interactive consoles, employee communication, complex data integration and wayfinding developed.
- As an Omnivex channel partner, Electronic Evolutions integrated 63 Moxie players, powering a total of 303 screens, deployed across nine counties in two states, in more than 40 buildings. Referred to as the “ReidTV Network”, the screens are a variety of sizes and they are used for:
- Waiting room information
- Physician lounge information
- Static menus for a coffee shop and smoothie bar
- Dynamic menus in a café
- Employee information
- Wellness Kiosks
- Advertising and cross selling of services promoting services such as Wellness Screenings or advertising things such as the retail outlets in their facilities.
- Improved communications for both internal and external audiences.
- Increased patient satisfaction through wayfinding, patient bedside terminals, ER and RPA Messaging.
- A cost savings in printing and labor for signage that was once printed
- Improved employee morale through the use of employee screens providing relevant real-time information.
- The ReidTV network has helped reduce the time and effort required to distribute messages and content across their service area.